In the midst of one of the city's oldest neighborhoods, Roger Williams Medical Center is a community-owned and governed health care organization that provides some of the most advanced specialty care available today.
That care is administered across a variety of settings, both on and off of our campus:
- In the emergency room
- In our laboratory and diagnostic imaging centers
- In the hospital setting through inpatient and outpatient services
- At your residence through our home care programs
- In community physician offices through our statewide ContinuCare program
- In long-term care facilities through our affiliation with Elmhurst Extended Care
- In local neighborhoods, businesses and schools through our community outreach
Over the years, the quality of our care has earned us many distinctions. One of the most recent and noteworthy is our formal affiliation with Boston University School of Medicine. That designation gives us the privilege and honor of teaching future generations of physicians in the latest medical practices. Our academic affiliation also ensures that individuals and families in Rhode Island have access to the most up-to-date medical knowledge, diagnostic and treatment procedures.
Particularly in the area of cancer care, our academic research efforts, our expertise and our medical practitioners are on a par with the best in the country. In all specialties, our commitment to advancing medical research, applying what we learn in the patient setting, adhering to the strictest protocols, and measuring clinical outcomes ensure that as a patient here, you receive the highest standard of medical care.