How to Apply
Roger Williams Medical Center accepts applications only through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS).
- US medical students should contact their Dean's office or ERAS
- International medical graduates should contact the ECFMG
- For IMGs : Roger Williams sponsors J-1 visas only. We also unfortunately do not offer observerships or externships.
A complete ERAS application includes:
- Personal statement
- Dean's letter
- Three letters of support
- Passing USMLE scores (220 or higher on each step taken)
- Medical school transcript
- A recent photograph (optional)
All applicants must also register with the National Resident Matching Program (Phone: 202-828-0566).
U.S. medical students should contact their Dean's office or ERAS.
- International medical graduates should contact the ECFMG. Roger Williams sponsors J-1 visas only. Otherwise, preference is given to International medical graduates who have:
- Graduated within the past five years.
- Scored 220 or higher on Step 1 and/or 2 on their first attempt.
- Three months of U.S. clinical experience.
- ECFMG certification is required only by the time residency begins.
Application deadline is November 30, 2015.
If you are interested in pursuing an Internal Medicine residency with Roger Williams Medical Center, you may contact us for more details or go ahead and begin the application process.
825 Chalkstone Avenue
Providence, RI 02908
Timeframes for Application:
- September/November - Applications submitted.
- November 30 - Application deadline.
- November to January - Candidates are interviewed.
- March - Match day.
- June - Orientation and the first day of internship begins in the last week of June.
Numbers to Know
- Medicine - Categorical: 140-43-31-401
- Medicine - Preliminary: 140-43-31-401