The Division of Endocrinology offers technologically advanced diagnostic procedures and treatments including the following:
- Bone mineral density measurements of spine, hip, forearm, and whole body with state of the art Hologic 4500A DXA instrument
- Instant vertebral assessment (IVA) with the Hologic 4500A instrument
- SAHARA ultrasound measurement of the heel (calcaneus)
- Transiliac crest bone biopsy with tetracycline labeling
- Hormonal testing procedures
- Intravenous pamidronate therapy of osteoporosis and Paget's disease of bone
Dr. Joseph Tucci, Director of the Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism at Roger Williams, is principal investigator in a wide variety of national studies relating to new treatments for osteoporosis, Paget's disease of bone, primary hyperparathroidism, diabetes mellitus, and dyslipidemia.